On January 15th, the US and China are expected to sign phase one of the new trade deal between the two nations. The deal is 86 pages long and the full content has not yet been released.
According to Barron’s, citing a former Trump administration trade negotiator, the deal will cover 5 areas:
1. Commitment from China to stop forced technology transfers.
2. Process for China to create judicial proceedings to enforce trade law secrets, patent extensions for US pharmaceuticals.
3. No further currency manipulation
4. Commitment by China to buy more agricultural products.
5. Use science-based risk assessment when determining whether to ban US imports.
Will post more details as soon as they are confirmed. If you have any questions about the trade deal or general import and export questions, contact David Hsu by phone/text at 832-896-6288 or by email at email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org.