The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced on March 26, 2018, that U.S. Customs and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP) Commissioner Kevin McAleenan and the Tax Administration Service (SAT) Chief Osvaldo Santin signed a Memorandum of Cooperation (MOC) on customs issues and trade enforcement.
The MOU/MOC included commitments to cooperate on issues such as:
- increasing trade and customs compliance;
- battling cross-border illicit acitivites;
- cargo pre-inspection; and
- commitment to work together on unified cargo processing;
- collaboration on agriculture safety;
- collaboration on agriculture quarantine inspections and;
- information sharing.
The official homeland security press release can be found here.
With an ever increasing trade of goods between the US and Mexico, it’s great that CBP and SAT will work together to improve our trade relationship with Mexico.